The British Council (2021 Job Recruitment / Job Vacancy / Positions) is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Counter Fraud Advisor – SSA
Location: Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa, NG
Pay band: 8
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Department: Leadership, Policy and Expertise
Post Location: Flexible within SSA British Council office
- The Regional Counter Fraud Advisor will provide regional leadership and support in the implementation and delivery of the British Council’s Counter Fraud strategy and investigative response.
- The post will lead the development and delivery for the region, aimed at broad-based cultural change on fraud management through improved education, risk management and control.
- The role will support the Counter Fraud team and SSA Regional Leadership Team to implement new policies, systems and processes to embed a zero-tolerance approach to fraud management.
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
The role holder will:
- Lead the implementation and management of a cohesive risk-based control framework to minimise the incidence and impact of fraud
- Provide strategic insight and advice to regional stakeholders to support cultural change on fraud, in terms of minimising risk tolerance while improving identification and reporting.
- Manage investigatory processes and outcomes to uphold the British Council’s Code of Conduct and related organisational policies.
- Raise staff awareness and understanding of counter-fraud policies and processes.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Professional qualifications and / or suitable equivalent experience in counter fraud.
Counter fraud experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ full-time work experience in the counter fraud sector including significant investigation experience.
Counter fraud casework:
- Professional analysis and judgement
- Conducting enquiries, interviews and investigations
- Managing evidence and intelligence
- Reporting writing
- Presenting at meetings.
Demonstrable Communication Skills:
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Consultation and stakeholder management.
- Understanding the audience.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Content development & review.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021. (23:59 South Africa time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in their country of application. Local contract conditions will apply and relocation expenses are not covered.
- A technical assessment will be part of the recruitment process.